Today was my clinic appointment with my nephrologist. He went over my blood work, both the blood work that I drew myself and the blood work that I had done at my other clinic appointment with my lupus doctor. He stated that my blood levels (aka my compliment levels) were well within range and I was not having a flare! Wee!

I was a bit worried at first, because when we first sat down and he looked at my blood work, he first asked me if I “felt like” I was having a flare. Eep! I said no. I always say no…unless I absolutely positively feel like I’m in the mddle of a flare.

Wednesday was a difficult day at work. I literally felt like I was going to fall over from fatigue. I did everything to keep myself awake: I drank tea, soda…went outside in the beautiful weather and walked around the building during my breaks…all of this helped…a little…but I was still pretty tired. When I got home, I ate, turned the tv on, then fell asleep. I woke up at 10 minutes to 9pm! Sheesh.

I feel a lot less tired today as I slept in. I can’t say that I was happy about my dialysis supplies delivery today. The day before, they called me to ask when I wanted my supplies delivered. I told them before 12pm, so they gave me a time of between 9-12. Fine, since I had a doctor’s appointment afterwards.

I waited and I waited and decided to call when it was 12:30pm. After being put on hold for a brief moment, I was told that the driver would be there in half an hour. Not really acceptable since I had to be at an appointment and it would take me an hour to get there by bus…but what choice did I have?

I waited. The driver called me and pleaded with me to let him do another delivery first that was very close to where he was. He mentioned that he went on to do other deliveries because when they called me in the morning there was no answer.

Excuse me??

I told him that there was absolutely no way anyone called me this morning as I carried both my cell phone and the cordless phone around the house with me all day.

The driver showed up…exactly half an hour later. When he gave me the paper to sign for my delivery, there was a yellow sticky note on it that said “no answer”. I wanted to rip the sticky note off and throw it out the door but I decided to surpress my unnecessary rage. haha.

Anyhow, I think I’ll get a drink of water and perhaps study a bit before I go to sleep. I have a long day of studying ahead of me as tomorrow is the last full day that I’ll be able to study. I have exams every day next week:
Monday: Project management and computers (I have to each myself how to use Microsoft Access…pronto!)
Tuesday: Human Resources
Thursday: Math
Friday: Accounting


Yesterday would have been a good study day (after work) had I not fell asleep. It’s crunch time!

0 comments on “Lupus Flare – Negative

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: